Friday, June 13, 2008

Tribute to a friend

My post today is a little out of the ordinary. I have already written about our crazy month of may, but in the chaos I really blew it. May 2nd was an important day, and as it passed I became more and more embarrassed that I had overlooked it. I have been putting this off for long enough. I would like to say a huge HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to an amazing friend. I have a birthday card I never mailed, but I think I will just let you (AMY) and everyone else know what a flake I am.(I might as well embarrass myself publicly) Amy and I met when we were roommates up at BYU-I. Our apartment really hit it off, and we had such a blast. As soon as Amy and I started hanging out I realized I had met a friend for life. She is so kind-hearted and caring. She was always sensitive to others feelings. I can honestly say I have never heard her say a negative thing about anyone, that's just the kind of person she is. So here's to you Amy, and the "spooners" dodge ball team, and Cierra, and "My milkshake...",oh and "You don't own me". Your friendship has always meant so much to me and I hope we can continue to stay in touch, even though the miles between us are long.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! You are so sweet! I am a horrible friend because I keep saying I am going to call and then another week goes by! At least we both are thinking of the other. I do miss the "milkshake" days. I had to explain some of those things to Ryan! They are memories I will always cherish because you are one of my dearest friends and always will be! It's funny moving to new places because I keep telling Ryan I just don't have friends like Carissa, no one is ever my Carissa because there is only one you! My goodness this sounds like a love note! haha! You are too sweet! Thanks for the birthday post! I hope things are going good! And soon we will talk!