Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tonight I am overwhelmed with gratitude for blessings and answered prayers. Less than 24 hours ago I sat in a hospital room and was told that my tiny little daughter had developed type 1 diabetes. Her whole life would be different from that moment on. I had watched her suffer since Monday night and finally reached the point where I simply could not bear to hold it in any longer. I broke. The power of the Priesthood is real. Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers according to his will. Once I gave in to him, and surrendered my will, a miracle occured. Tonight I am home with my beautiful, now healthy daughter and the doctors simply apoligized saying, "I am sorry I have no explanation for what Evalyn has gone through." Her blood sugar levels have simply regulated themselves and there is no sign of diabetes any longer. Nothing else matters. Not my house, its decor, anything worldly, all I want is to be with my family, take Evie to the park and run around with her as long as she wants. Bake cookies and dance with her in the family room to her favorite songs, read books in her bed and soak up every single perfect moment. Family and the gospel of Jesus Christ is all that has ever or will ever matter. Sometimes life needs to be put in perspective every once in a while. I am greatful for the overwhelming awareness of my blessings and the love of the Lord. Now I am going to go pick up my sleeping daughters and kiss them one more time, goodnight.

4 comments:

Kimra Bham said...

Wow! The blessings we recieve are so amazing! What a blessing to have the Priesthood in your home. I am so glad that Evalyn is okay!!! Wow.

Crystal said...

I am so glad Evalyn is okay. It is amazing what the lord can do if we surrender to him. It is one of the hardest things as a parent sometimes, especially being a mom. I am so grateful for the priesthood that can now be in my home. Thank-You for sharing. It is a great reminder for me to prioritize.

Nelson said...

Amen. It is all so true. Thanks for reminding me. I stopped by Saturday to check in on you guys, but no one was home. I am so sorry you have been dealing with so much. What can I do? Please please let me help you in any way. Maybe some cookies could help?

LundHOMEpage said...

I am so impressed with your faith shown through this blog! I know what you mean about priesthood blessings, they really are the power of God on the earth. So glad she is ok, what a scare though. What a great thing to read with conference starting tomorrow, can't wait! Hopefully I will hear some of it with two little boys needing my attention.