Monday, June 28, 2010

We are so happy that summer is finally here. Snow in may and cold wet storms the beginning of June made us think it was never coming. We are looking forward to some camping, hiking, fishing, and road trips to see family. Evalyn and Siena are growing up so fast. Siena is still the happiest baby we have ever seen.
And is showing more and more of her personality every day.
( I swear her hair doesn't always look like this)

We had a "fun"time potty training a few weeks ago.
We started out with salty snacks, lots of juice and her first new pairs of Elmo, and princess underwear.
And a few treats for rewards.
(Thank you Katie for introducing me to "potty training in one day" I will use it with all of our children.



Once training was complete she was handsomely rewarded!

This also included a date with daddy to get ice cream. She stuffed her face and didn't make the four minute drive home.


The other day I pulled out one of my favorite skirts. Unfortunately its just borderline length and I found I wasn't really ever wearing it so...


Evalyn got herself a new "princess" dress. It was an easy sew and she wouldn't take i off until bed.



Dave went out with some friends the other night and we had a "girls" night with just the three of us. Evalyn loved it(especially the oreos). The first of many to come I am sure.

Then, a few mornings later (after a very long night) They both ended up in our bed. They started out like this.... And within a few minutes were almost holding hands. I love it.
Little Angels

5 comments:

Courtney said...

What a fun post! Your girls are so beautiful - just like their momma! And YAY for potty training! I love her date with daddy reward. That's too cute!

Kimra Bham said...

I'm so glad for new pictures!! I can't believe how big Siena is!! And Evalyn, for that matter :) What beautiful girls!!! Looks like you guys have been staying busy and having fun!

1. I'm super impressed with your sewing skills!
2. Potty Training in 1 day?!? Wow! How'd you do it? :)

Nelson said...

I am still so proud of her!!
Love, love, love the new dress. You are so talented.

Lance and Megan Jacobsen said...

Ok Im in desperate need of some potty training advice! Linds said you potty trained Evalyn in 1 day!? Please do tell!

Lance and Megan Jacobsen said...

Hey thanks! The salty snacks is a good idea, I will see if I can find that book. A friend gave me her potty power movie, and yeah, Kaylee loves it too. Your two girls are so adorable!