Friday, February 19, 2010

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

So, this last Sunday night (I cannot believe I forgot to share this last night at girls night) I think I nearly gave my husband a heart attack. The instance went a little something like this...

Sometime in the middle of the night...

Me: "Get it off! Get it off!" (Insert screaming, and I mean SCREAMING)

Dave: (Jumps up in bed yelling) "What? What? Carissa whats wrong?!!!!"

Me: "Get it off" (insert more screaming) "Help me!" (More screaming still)

Dave: "Carissa!"

Me: "Blood worm!!!!"

Dave:......uh.....what?

Me: "Blood worm!!!........Leech!!!! I can't get it off, help!!!!!!"

I jump up and flick on the light ....Then look down at the back of my arm where there lies a long strand of sticky gum

Me:"oh.....I"

Dave: (Insert hysterical laughter as he rolls on the bed trying to catch his breath)"Carissa we're not in the Amazon"

Both of us begin laughing so hard we could barely breathe. I was laughing so hard I had tears.This lasted a few minutes before we could stop. The texture of the gum and how it kept snaping back on my arm when I tried getting it off was literally freaking me out and the feel of it was just like...well...if it were a leech.  I know kind of a stretch.

5 comments:

Amy said...

ummm that is hilarious and I can totally picture it! Thanks for making me laugh!

M & J Bowerbank said...

I am still laughing. I can picture this too. Oh how funny. I like Dave's remark we are not in the amazon.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the laugh today Carissa! :) You guys are so awesome! Craig would do the same thing to me.

Amylee said...

That is hysterical! "Blood worm!" Ha ha ha! I'm glad you are okay :). You'll have to share it at the next girl's night. It was so good to see you!

Brooke said...

I love this story!