Thursday, July 3, 2008

Park City Half-Marathon

Well I think I am crazy, BUT I am entered to run (jog) the Park City Half Marathon this August. In my post about three goals I have, I listed one as running a race. I was thinking something more like a 5 or 10k but with the help of my awesome cousin Nicole I am going to push myself. The race is August 23, and you will notice my countdown. I will be running with my cousins Kevin and Nicole while Dave races ahead of us. He is a little more experienced in this area so he can take my picture when I cross the finish line-who knows how long after him. I am scared stiff and totally anxious but all in all I am totally excited. Thirteen miles does sound like a long way though. So wish me luck and here's to training!!

6 comments:

Jon and Briana said...

wow that sounds like a crazy goal but a very good one! I am sure it helps to have people to train and run with! Good luck!

Jen said...

Holy moly Carissa!!!! :) :) You are so brave and dedicated!! You will do AWESOME! I am so excited to hear about your progress! You go girl!!!

Kimra Bham said...

GOOD LUCK!!! I think that's totally awesome-- you'll do great! I can't wait to hear all about it!

The Bevans said...

You are an inspiration to us all! I'll think of you as I stagger home from my 2 mile jaunt!:) Our e-mail is rs_bevan@hotmail.com just in case you don;t have it.

Anonymous said...

good luck with the half marathon, you'll do awesome!...sort of random message coming from me, but every once come on to look at all the cute pictures/videos of evelyn! haha!
i did the virginia mason half marathon in bellevue last year...hopefully the course you're running will have some grass/gravel/dirt/bark. when i did mine, it was all on pavement and when i got to the 10th mile my knees, shins, and ankles were killing me. i remember back in the day, in track you had pretty bad shin splints! lol.
good luck again!
-jessica

M & J Bowerbank said...

Well, I thought Dave was going to die when he did the "Vineman" but he did it (so he claims, I think he caught a taxi during the biking portion). Good luck on the training and hopefully you will beat Dave!