Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thank Goodness for Mothers


I wanted to publicly thank my mom for her love and much needed support. She flew in to Salt Lake City a little earlier than planned because I was having contractions 10 min apart and we all thought that Evalyn was on her way. Well, six days later she was! In the meantime I was laboring at home and I cannot express how thankful I am that she was there with me, I get emotional every time I think about it. I did not get a wink of sleep that whole week and she didn't get much either; in fact she was up with me all of Thursday night, recording the time of my contractions (6 min apart, 7 min, 8, 4, etc.)rubbing my back and reminding me to breathe so I could get through one more. So, THANK YOU MOM- WE LOVE YOU!!! - love,: CARISSA AND EVALYN. OH, AND DAVE (who wouldn't have had any sleep unless you were there with me:))

1 comment:

Jen said...

Carissa! I just found your blog from Kimra's. Congratulations on your baby!!!!!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL! I love all of her hair, it's so cute. I'm happy to see you're in Utah. We should definitely get together sometime. I'm in Provo still attending BYU. Check out my blog and feel free email me. I'd love to get together w/you and meet your husband and new baby.
--Jen (Killpack) Alonso
thealonsos.blogspot.com